Saturday, March 5, 2011

Her Sky

I took a walk the other day,
Down to this park that meets a beach
That I hadn’t seen before,
And there you were, but you didn’t see me.



You weren’t looking out or down or around,
But up, up at the sky above the water
That swirled with colors of purple and red
As the clouds danced around above you
In other worldly steps with the stars.



Now, I saw it too but I knew right away
That they were dancing for you.
And with every twitch of wonder in your eyes
The colors got brighter and the movements
Of the moons and stars more elegant.
I had no idea you were a choreographer.



Really though, part of me did know,
Because although you always denied being an artist
I’ve said from day one that
Every little move you make when we’re together
Is a chapter in a story I hope you never finish.